MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM released and available for Redmi Note 4, Mi 6
Xiaomi MIUI 9 update released to download manually and OTA for Xiaomi flagship device Mi 6 and mid-range best-selling Redmi Note 4
Much anticipated Android Nougat-based Xiaomi MIUI 9 update started rolling out to its Mi and Redmi series devices, as was promised by the company earlier.
In the first phase, Xiaomi has dropped the new OS software update to the company’s flagship device Mi 6 and the best-selling mid-range phone Redmi Note 4 (Qualcomm CPU model).As Xiaomi has confirmed, the new Xiaomi MIUI 9 update has Google’s latest security update, multi-window options, night mode, bundled notification, improved security update, and several other value-added features and patches which are essential to enhance users’ experience.
Add to the usual Nougat features, Xiaomi has incorporated its own in-house developed value-added features as part of their MIUI 9 update, such as Universal search, which is a powerful search engine that can differentiate images by typing keywords, including the user’s conversations as well, Smart assistance, that is capable of locating anything from apps to information on the phone, two steps for all the vital information, copying and pasting keyword to get the information on that topic and several more.
Xiaomi MIUI 9 also ensures that the phones run smoothly without any hiccups by dynamic resource allocation based on app’s priority level and it also makes the apps launch faster and better.
Here are the steps to follow if you want to install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM on the aforementioned Xiaomi devices:
The new MIUI 9 Android Nougat update is available both OTA (Over-The-Air) and also flash-able factory image for manual installation.
Xiaomi MIUI 9 installation via OTA
Registered Xiaomi device owners will just have to go to Settings then select the Updater app and then click on the “check for software update” option.
Manual installation of MIUI 9
- If you didn’t get any notification and you are using Mi 6 or Redmi Note 4, then you can manually flash the firmware via your PC. Here is what to do.
- Before going ahead with manual installation, just note that you should back up all the information of the phone, as the procedure may wipe your phone off clean if the installation goes wrong. Also, please wipe all data in Recovery mode if you want to update to a discontinuous ROM version, or downgrade to an older ROM version using MIUI full ROM pack. Now the steps
Download the latest Xiaomi MIUI ROM file Download via this link into your PC.
- Connect your Xiaomi device to the Windows PC/laptop, where you have downloaded the file, via a micro USB cable and copy the downloaded ROM file into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
- Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device.
- Now, in the case of MIUI 6/7/8, click on the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner of the screen, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2. In the case of Xiaomi MIUI V5, press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.
- After selecting the MIUI 9 ROM file, your device will automatically begin the upgradation. Following the competition of the installation, the phone will reboot itself to the new version. If your home screen turns to the image that’s seen below, that means you have successfully installed the MIUI 9 in your device.
The Xiaomi devices that are next in the line and are awaiting the Xiaomi MIUI 9 update are Xiaomi Mi MIX, Mi Note 2 , Mi 5 , Mi 5s , Mi 5s Plus , Mi Max 2, Mi Max and the Redmi 4/4X.
Later in the third stage the update will be rolled out to the Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi Note 3 (Qualcomm chipset variant), Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi Note 4 (MediaTek chipset model), Mi 4i, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note Prime, Mi 2, 2S, Mi Note, Redmi 3, 3 Prime, Redmi 3S, 3S Prime and the Redmi 4A.
If history repeats itself, Xiaomi will take a few more weeks or may be a month to take the feedbacks into account from the registered beta testers and weed out bugs (if any) and optimise the MIUI 9 update. Once convinced that all the glitches have been fixed, the company will finally roll out the bug-free version of MIUI 9 to the public. So, you can expect the Xiaomi MIUI 9 update to reach your Xiaomi device, by the end of September or early October, most probably.